The name vacuum truck sounds impressive, even a bit sci-fi!
No, it’s not something you use to clean really big carpets in mansions or to capture otherworldly apparitions Ghostbusters style. These vacuum trucks are used for septic cleaning in private residences, hydrovac daylighting and a number of other useful projects.
In fact, our vacuum trucks operating in Kelowna and around the Okanagan can provide a range of services from septic systems to hydro excavation and much more. In this article we’ll go into more detail about exactly what they do and how they do it in this post.
Definition of a Vacuum Truck
There are two main components that define a vacuum truck – a pump and a large tank. As the name suggests, it uses the power of vacuum to suck liquids and sludge into the tank, mostly waste from sewers and septic tanks. The material is then transported to another location and disposed of in the appropriate facility.
The most common material pumped out and transported is fecal sludge or septage. Other materials include animal waste, industrial liquids and sewage sludge.
Common and Uncommon Uses
Vacuum trucks help meet a wide range of industrial and commercial cleaning needs that includes contractors, municipalities and industrial operations. The most common uses of a vacuum truck include:
- Cleaning sewer pipes
- Emptying septic tanks
- Hydro excavation
- Preventive maintenance
Vacuum trucks keep operating fields and streets clean, but they have other valuable uses like performing environment-protection or life-saving tasks. These trucks can be used for many different emergencies, including recovery and cave-in rescue missions.
Vacuum trucks are particularly useful when it comes to spillage of any hazardous chemicals and other materials. Mining and oil companies often deal with outbreaks of hazardous materials and soil pollution using vacuum trucks.
Vacuum Truck Services in Kelowna
If you live in the Okanagan, and you’re on a septic system, you’ve probably had a visit from a vacuum truck at some point. Hopefully it was one of ours!
D&L offers a wide range of vacuum truck services in Kelowna and surrounding communities, including:
- Vacuum truck – the most advanced, eco-friendly equipment for pumping anything from sludge ponds to septic tanks;
- Industrial vacuum system – industrial, commercial-grade vacuum equipment capable of satisfying large-scale septic cleaning needs;
- Hydro excavation – environment safe, high accuracy waste cleanup of environmentally hazardous materials at the most affordable prices;
- Sewer backup – the lack of proper sewer backup can cause serious health problems in any building. Our sewer back up includes putting drain, vent, and waste systems back to functionality, full sanitization, and proper cleanup;
- Septic cleaning – our professional team of trained experts will take care of your septic cleaning. We will make sure that all toxic chemicals and disease-causing organisms from household wastewater are safely disposed of and eliminated;
- Septic pumping – regular septic system pumping and maintenance to ensure your septic system is healthy and fully operational.
When it comes to Vacuum Trucks, D&L are your experts in the Okanagan with over 30 years of experience and trusted service & results.
Hire a Vacuum Truck in the Okanagan
Contact us today to get a free quote for septic cleaning, pumping or other service. We’re looking forward to working with you!